Saturday, June 09, 2007

I hate running

But I'm getting better at it. When summer started, and I was determined to get into better shape and lose some weight, I didn't want to have to get into a hot car, drive to the gym, work out, get back into a hot car, and drive home. So I started walking in a nearby neighborhood. It's only across one semi-busy street. And there's a sidewalk and sprinklers.

The first week, all I did was walk. 15 minutes out, 15 minutes back. The next week, I tried to run some. I was able to get up to 3 minutes of running at a time.

Last week was even better. I was running for about 8-10 minutes at a time.

Then yestereday, I ran for almost 12 straight minutes. When Hubs measured it, it was 1.1 miles! Yay!!!!!! Today, I did the same distance in 11 and 1/2 minutes. I took 20 seconds off my time! Felt good, felt good.

So, even though I hate running, I'm glad I'm getting better at it. And I'm down 14 pounds. And a waist size. I'm in a 12 now. I even have one pair of 10 shorts that fit fine. Guess that particular brand runs large. But I can still boast that I can wear a 10!

Waiting on Bman to get up from his nap so we can go to Nikki's. The menfolk are in Atlanta going to the Braves game tonight, so we ladies are getting the kids together to play. Should be fun! I'm providing lasagna.

No comments:

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker