Thursday, July 26, 2007

And Yet Another Vacation

Well, maybe it's not a vacation. However, it is away from the house for 5 and 1/2 days. I don't have to work outside the home. I will have helpers with the children. We will be at the beach. Yes, the beach. Myrtle Beach.

In less than two days, my baby brother is getting married. Of course, he's not exactly a baby anymore. He's now 25, and about 8 inches taller than me. We are leaving tomorrow morning for G'ville for the excitement. Afterward, we are going to Litchfield Beach with: my dad and Gigi, my sister, her husband, their daughter; Aunt Dianne and Uncle Loren, Jen and Mike (cousins); Aunt Lori and Uncle Brian, Kat, Craig, and Mark (cousins) and Sam (Kat's boyfriend); Aunt Gayle and Uncle/Cousin Dave, Cassie, Kyle, and Courtney (cousins); Great-Uncle Darrell and Great-Aunt June; Grandma and Grandpa Canfield (Gigi's parents).

Holy Shit.

There are not words to describe this. I believe there are 28 of us. I don't know how many houses we have rented. I know that I am sharing with Sis and her family. And I am thrilled to be spending some good, quality time with my extended family. (And I didn't have to plan it! hee hee!) But my goodness! Crazy! That's a lot of family!

Today was fun. Sis and I went with Madison and got our nails done. Madison is too little to have a real pedicure, since her feet won't reach when sitting in the chair. But she did have her little nails painted a lovely pale pink color that should match the ribbon of her flower girl dress nicely. Nikki and I got the whole works. Nikki even had to get fake nails! They looked really nice, and we had some girl-time.

Other than today, I feel like I have been working non-stop for two weeks. I worked a lot last week due to the release of the new Harry Potter. God bless J.K. Rowling. She is a literary genius! If you have not yet read Deathly Hallows, by all means, go get it! Even Hubs finished it in two days, and he is not the fastest reader. (he is getting better though. He's read 3 or 4 books this summer. Wow!)

I have also read a new-ish book by Joshilyn Jackson called Between, Alabama. I would definitely recommend this book. I would also now like to read her first book, gods in Alabama. Hmm. I'll have to check the library. My book spending money is all gone! It's been a good summer for reading for me. And I do love to read!

So, be envious, but do not covet, concerning my vacation. Remember that I will be surrounded by my extended family. And that I'll be at the beach.

No comments:

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker