Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year!

Oh wow. I have never been so glad to see a year end. Ever. In just 3 more hours and 6 minutes, the year 2007 will be over. It could not come fast enough.

I knew it was going to be a bad year only 4 days in. My best friend's husband was killed in a plane crash. That's the beginning. Since then, we've been through depression, ADHD, dropping out of school, being out of work for 4 months (again). That was just Hubs.

Cheese had 2 major surgeries (one unplanned and life-threatening), one trip to the ER, and a countless number of minor outpatient procedures.

B-rex had a slow year, he only started speech classes.

And me, I had to deal with all of that plus filling in for a missing Latin teacher at our school all fall.

In between all that, our family had some other upheavals. We left our church so that Hubs could pursue his dream. We moved, kind of, into a new house.

Hmm... I'm trying to think if there is anything else. I can't really remember if there was anything else. It has seemed like it was just one thing after another.

Through it all, and Hubs and I talked about this the other day, our faith has grown in ways that we can't really comprehend. I did 3 Bible studies this year, all written by Beth Moore. (If you haven't checked her out, you should!) Right now, I feel closer to God than ever. When you look at all we've been through, there were two choices we had.

One, blame God for everything. Be angry, because so much stuff was happening to us that we couldn't control. And after all, weren't we doing the Lord's work? How could He let this happen to us?

Two, turn to God. Love God. Give it all to Him and let Him figure it out. Know and trust that there is a plan and someday we'll know what this was all about. l

We chose number Two. I have no idea why we've had the year we had. At times, it has seemed like God was just sitting up there in his throne having a laugh at our expense. Really. But I know and trust that there was, and continues to be, some plan for us. We don't know what it is, but it's there.

I just hope His sense of humor changes for 2008. I don't know if I can handle another year like this one.

Happy New Year, y'all!

No comments:

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker