Friday, July 25, 2008

All the Time, Everywhere

I'm no Biblical scholar, but I was doing my daily devotion this morning. The verses really spoke to me today, for reasons that I will not share on the blog because my mom does not need to know everything her daughter does. My friends may understand, since perhaps they will be familiar with the word lemoncello. Enough said.

Psalm 139:1-12
Lord, you have examined me and knkow all about me.
You know when I sit down and when I get up.
You know my thoughts before I think them.
You know where I go and where I lie down
You know thoroughly everything I do.
LORD, even before I say a word, you already know it.
You are all around me - in front and in back - and have put your hand on me.
You knowledge is amazing to me, it is more than I can understand.
Where can I go to get away from your Spirit? Where can I run from you?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there. If I lie down in the grave, you are there.
If I rise with the sun in the east and settle in the west beyound the sea,
even there you would guide me, with your right hand you would hold me.
I could say, "The darkness will hide me. Let the light around me turn into night."
But even the darkness is not dark to you. The night is as light as the day; darkness and light are the same to you.

Refreshing, words I have heard time and again. Seeming to come at a time when I was sure no one knew what I was doing except the people I was with. And no, it wasn't anything bad. Nothing even remotely illegal or harmful to anyone.

Anyway, just something to think about.

No comments:

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker