Friday, January 23, 2009

TGIF!

There are some days when you just cannot even fathom that you have to be awake. Today was one of those days for me. I just feel so drained! There are a lot of days that I'm tired. It's just the nature of what I do for a living. I teach. I give of myself every day to these kids. It can be very draining. And I'm tired most every day. Not that I'm complaining, okay, well a little. But today it just seemed even worse. Those last couple of classes are so hard. The information is harder to process, and the kids are a little more obnoxious. A lot more, actually.

So I got a visit after school, while I was still pretty tired and just wanted to go home, from two of my former students. Sweet girls, now sophomores in high school. It was really reaffirming to talk to them. They are 3rd year language students now, and actually like it. It makes me feel like all the headaches I endured were worth it. If even two kids "got it" and stuck with it, then it's all worth it. Right?

I just get so frustrated. My final class is very disrespectful. I was talking to another teacher yesterday, and I just could not even fathom their behavior. When I was in 8th grade, I would never have acted the way they do in my class. I would certainly not have turned around in my seat, when my teacher was clearly trying to give me instructions for homework, and talked to the person behind me. Multiple times. Utterly ridiculous. I would have shut the heck up and been done with it.

Enough! It is late. I am tired. Psych is on. Adios!

1 comment:

KidProofCanada said...

This summer is the best time to join educational programs that will teach in keeping Kids Safe without Fear. A bonding experience that the whole family will enjoy.

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker