Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Highlights

I bet that you think this is going to be about my fabulous hair. And it would be, if I could figure out how to add a picture to this post. Or if I even had a pic of the new, improved cut. But I don't, on either count. Instead, I'm going to talk about that thing that all mom's secretly love to do: changing diapers. I know, I've complained before, but I've just finished another round, and frankly I'm over it. It was the highlight of my day.

Colby had surgery to reverse a colostomy just over a month ago. His poops are erratic, explosive, and really gross. He's been such a little trooper. His butt is all red, sometimes bloody, from the frequent wiping. We have to wipe him with a washcloth, because wipes just irritate his skin. We have to apply anti-bacterial ointment plus a special cream. He has to wear a pullup all the time, because he really just never knows when the urge will strike. Sometimes, he thinks it's just gas, but there's something behind it. (Aren't you glad I shared?) Anyway, I'm so over this! I wish he could just go in the potty and have done with it. The kicker? If he's not potty-trained by Aug. 8, he will not be allowed to go to the fancy school child development center. We've already paid the deposit. We do NOT have a backup plan. I don't know how it would work, what we would do. I'm really stressing about this. It's the last thing I think about before falling asleep. Hell, it keeps me awake! I don't even know that this is registering on my husband's radar. He just thinks that everything will work itself out. Argh!

And we still haven't heard from the other daycare about Bennett's spot for this fall either. Wouldn't that just be a kick in the butt, if neither kid had a place to go when school starts. What would we do then? Would Weston take the semester off from school? I can't stay home, I'm the money-maker. Now my head hurts.

No comments:

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker