Monday, July 17, 2006

Home at last

Back sleeping in my own bed, which has never seemed so comfy. I wish I could say that it was a restful night's sleep, but it wasn't. Colby decided to come in twice. I don't know why the first time, I sent Weston after him. But the second time, he had peed through his pullups, all over his sheets. Fun. So, since Weston had a quiz in class today, I went and changed everything. It was exciting.

I have to be honest here. When I got home, it was kind of not as exciting as I'd hoped. Colby had whined the entire last half hour in the car, for no reason that he was willing to give. Bennett had woken up from a long nap, so he was jabbering about whatever. You can't really understand most of what he says yet. Either way, I guess I had strange expectations. Like a big hug for me, in addition to ones for the kids. Like maybe a present, wrapped, sitting on the table, since I WAS gone on my birthday. Instead, the kids totally hogged the hugs. I got a hug about 5 minutes after we actually got home. And there was a present, a lovely book, from the "kids". It was hidden under a stack of mail on the kitchen table, not wrapped. (He did manage to write a little note from the "kids" in it though. That was cute.) There was my new blender, already out of the box, sitting on the counter. It was from his parents. I knew it was coming, because they'd told him to go and pick it out for me. There was no present from my hubby. Nothing. When asked, he said that he hadn't had a chance to go get one. Um, hello! I've been gone for 13 days! An entire WEEK after my birthday. I'd even told him straight up what I wanted, and he couldn't even do that! To say I was disappointed is a major understatement. Of course, I haven't said anything. I know that he's been busy with class. But he managed to go to Holy Grounds, church, Salkehatchie twice! Guess those things are priorities for him, whereas I'm not. Do I sound like a totally bitchy wife? I'm kind of feeling that a bit today.

The kids and I went out and ran errands this morning. I took my broken charm bracelet (which I had asked Weston to fix for my bday) to get it fixed. I picked out a new charm for myself (which I had also asked him to do). We also went to the grocery store. I ordered pictures from our trip. And, finally, I got the boys' picture made! Portraits at last! The most recent picture we have of them together is from last Christmas. My parents will be thrilled! Anyway, now the kids are down for naps. I'd take one myself, except now I have to get ready to go back to work. School starts in about 3 weeks. I'm going in this week to meet with Rebecca to talk about reworking the currciulum for the 6th grade. How exciting. I hope that I can hold out 3 more years until Weston is done with seminary.

No comments:

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker