Friday, July 14, 2006

I've Learned

Okay, I learned some things last night. I decided to go out to a bar with my cousin Kat, her boyfriend and another friend. There are a few things I learned:
  1. I cannot keep up with 24-year-olds in drinking. I had 2 beers. That's it. I felt like such an old lady. I guess that being a mother of 2, and having a full-time job, I've just gotten out of practice. I used to be able to down 5 or 6 in a night! That was long ago, alas.
  2. I cannot stay up till midnight unless there is a sick child involved. I started fading about 30 minutes after we got there. I stuck it out like a pro though, and tried not to yawn too much. All I wanted was to go back to Grandma's and sleep.
  3. I still don't like smoke. Ugh! The place was full of it. I just cannot understand why you would want to smell like that all the time. It's disgusting! And that's not even mention the horrible death that is coming down the road due to cancer.
  4. I am good at darts. I don't know, maybe it was beginner's luck. I partnered up with Kat's boyfriend against her and her friend. He and I kicked butt! We beat them twice! I actually hit the dartboard and scored a lot of points. Too bad that most of the time, in order to play, you have to actually be at a bar. See points 2 and 3 above. Oh well.

It was a fun time though. It was nice to hang out with my "annoying, little cousin" who is neither annoying nor little anymore. She even hooked me up with a friend of hers for a haircut and color. I look really good now, if I do say so myself. And, as a side note, Kat's boyfriend thought I was their age -- 24!!! And I'm 31!! Yippee!

We're going back to AL today. Dad wants to get about halfway, then drive the other half tomorrow. I'm excited about watching the same 7 movies on the DVD that we watched on the way up here. Mental note: next time, make sure you bring more movies than you think you will need. It adds variety!

No comments:

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker