Thursday, October 26, 2006

It's official. I've got a second job. I got my schedule for next week. Wednesday night, Friday night, Saturday all afternoon and early evening. There goes my life. See ya! Don't let the door hit you on your way out! I didn't want to spend any time with my kids anyway.

Colby has been having difficulties in school again. He's been on red once, orange once, yellow once, and green once. Evidently, he enjoys playing "guns" at school with his little buddy. They are not allowed to do that. You know, school violence and all begins at the preschool level. He's also having so much fun during the day that he refuses to stop to go pee. So he's going in his pants instead. This has happened three times this week. And tomorrow still to go! He used to be potty trained. I'm not sure what is happening here. I feel like we've lost control of the sweet little boy I used to know.

I've wondered if all this acting out is a cry for something else. My mom, because she knows all, thinks that this could be some kind of post-surgery psycho thing. Like, he's reacting to the trauma of surgery. But that was almost three months ago. Is there some kind of time limit on these things? And how do you ask a four-year-old if he's feeling traumatized by his surgery that happened three months ago? Should we find some kind of child psychologist?Argh! I cannot deal with anything else right now.

Is there some kind of limit to how much crap can go on in your life all at the same time? I think we're there.

No comments:

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker