Friday, May 11, 2007

Published laughing jewelry

I am a published author. I am so excited about this! I have been writing in some form or another since second grade: diaries, journals, poetry, memoirs, short fiction. This is the first time I've ever had something really in print.

Where can you go to read my moving piece?

Shine! The literary magazine of the middle school where I teach.

Man, when I opened up the mag, I was so excited! I turned to the page, and there it was. In it's black and white glory. With my name on it and everything. I think I squealed.

What's fun about it is that some of my students have read it too. Wow! Actual people, reading my stuff. Well, if you consider middle schoolers to be people. Which I mostly do.



Funny from today. We were having too much immature fun in class today (Apollo has many duties [doodies][hee hee]) and one of the kids says "You are so immature!"

I answered "If you spent all day with middle schoolers, you'd be immature too!"

She replied "I DO!"

"And there you go."

Okay, looking at that makes it less funny. But if you could see the look on her face, it was all worth it. Right there.



In unrelated news, I think I am addicted to jewelry. I love it. I must have more. I went to another jewelry party tonight, and bought a bracelet, necklace, and ring. Must stop.

No comments:

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker