Friday, October 19, 2007

And the beat goes on

I have been trying to get B-rex to bed for the last 50 minutes. This is now a nightly thing. He just does NOT want to go to sleep. I don't know what the deal is! Guess I should have said no Power Rangers tonight. But I though he'd be so tired, he would go right to sleep! So wrong!

Cheese is doing okay. his little butt is so red and raw. He's even bleeding a little in a couple of spots. We're putting the medicine on it, but there is only so much that will do. He's back in pull-ups, since he doesn't always know when the poop is coming. And then he doesn't tell anyone that he went. By the time we notice, or he decides to come clean, it's been sitting there for a while. And it's dried up half the time. And we have to scrub his little booty to get it all off. With wipes. Or with a wet washcloth. And it is just taking a toll on him. He screamed so this morning, it broke my heart. Poor kid.

Hubs is at work again tonight. I can't really complain, since the only time I get to write is when he's not here. Yesterday, he forgot about a really important church meeting he had with the District Superintendent. I don't know what that will mean in the long run. I'm sure nothing good. I mean, she's like his BOSS. His Earthly boss anyway. I do NOT want to be around this weekend for the fallout from that one. I wonder what they do to punish pastors?

Week 9 at work is done. Only 27 more to go. Not that I'm counting or anything. I've not had a voice the past 2 days. That's been fun. It wouldn't have been so bad, but my "voice amplification system", AKA a microphone and speakers, doesn't work. Hasn't worked all year, except for the 30 seconds the installer guy was testing it. Then it promptly broke. Sure could have used it to spare my voice a couple of times with some of those little darlings. They can be such a pain in the gluteus! I'd really like to take a couple of them out of class and just let them have it, but I know their mommies and daddies would take offense at that. Of course, if they would bother to parent the children, it wouldn't be a problem anyway. Too much leeway, that's the problem.

All day workshop tomorrow. I'm going to learn the basics of speaking Latin. After all these years!

No comments:

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker