Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Happy Halloween

Tomorrow is Halloween. The boys are looking forward to going to Princess' house and trick-or-treating. I had to explain how the whole day would go down. Because Cheese is all into details and asking "Is that after today?" about everything. "First we go to school. Then I pick you up, then we come home and get Bennett. Then we order the pizza. Then we go to pick up the pizza and take it to Princess' house. Then we eat the pizza. Then we change into your costumes. Then we go trick-or-treating with Princess. Then you can hand out candy at Princess' house for a little while. Then we are coming home and going to bed."

at least, that's the plan. I'm sure a thing or twenty will totally ruin that. Already we've hit a snag. The new Power Ranger costume that Cheese bought with his birthday money is messed up. We had a Fall Festival at our church on Sunday. The boys had nametags on with the type of "Christian character" their costume showed. And Cheese didn't take the sticker off when he took off his costume. And I didn't notice it when I threw it in the washer. So the sticker got washed. And, like a bad mommy, I dried it. Then I noticed the sticker residue. So I washed it again. And it is still there. I don't know what to do.

Cheese does have other costumes. Like the SpiderMan one from last year that still fits because he has not gained an OUNCE since then. Or the Ninja Turtle one that my mom got him. Or the Buzz Lightyear that we got from some friends. But I think his little heart is set on being the grey Power Ranger. Sigh. Maybe I should call my stepmom, knower of all things domestic.

Not much else going on. Hubs started a new job at BCBS this week. He's working customer service through a temp agency. Pay is good. Hours are steady. This week, he's also working every night at the bookstore. Oh, my. Can we say lack of sleep? And crabby? But at least he can come home for dinner in between!

Everyone says it's about time he picked up the slack. That this is just fair for what I've had to put in as far as work this past year. But I don't know. I liked working. I hated not seeing the kids for a couple of days at a time, but I liked what I was doing. Yes, it was stressful with the lack of money and such. But God will always provide, and did always provide.

I guess I'm trying to say that I'm sorry this is happening to him. The whole "burning the candle at both ends" thing. I've been there. I know it's not fun. I wish it didn't have to be this way. He'll miss the kids trick-or-treating again this year. I don't think he's been with us the past 2 or 3 years. Oh, well. Maybe next year.

Happy Halloween everyone!

No comments:

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker