Sunday, August 24, 2008

need more hours and less shouting

So, the boys are in the other room. Playing some game that requires them to throw toys into a trash can. And then fight about whose turn it is. There is much shouting. And I'm pretty sure that Cheese is cheating. Or at least not taking turns properly. Because B-rex is yelling a lot. In anger and despair.

What a week! I should really be reading my JOhn Dewey book for class, but I just can't bring myself to pick it up. It's just so wicked boring! And I should also read chapter 4, but again: BORING. Ugh! Grad school is not fun. It is a lot of work.

On top of that, school started this week. Which is not too bad. I've got pretty good classes, it seems so far. It's hard to tell, since we only had 2 days. But they seem alright.

1st period: good. There are a few I'm going to have to come down hard on. Soon. But I can handle that.

2nd period: super! They have been great so far.

3rd period: OMG! Try 29 (yes, 29) sixth graders in one room. With only 27 desks. And I may end up with more, because of scheduling mix-ups. Oh, boy! I am not looking forward to this one!

4th period: 13. Because of the same scheduling probs, I only have 13 in this class. Seem wrong to anyone else? How important is it exactly that these kids all have lunch together? I mean, seriously! Wouldn't their parents rather them get a quality education?

5th period: awesome! Great kids. Mostly my 2nd period from last year.

6th period: is going to be tricky. I've got my "mean girls" from 1st per. last year. All in the same class again. How do they do that? Anyway, I need to figure out how to separate them again. So they will sit down and shut up!

And on top of all that, Cheese started kindergarten. I'll admit it. I cried. But just a little! Really! Not even enought to mess up my makeup. But it was hard. I can't even believe that he's that old. Where has all the time gone?

Well, that's my week. I could really use some motivation. Like the fact that the masters will bring in a LOT more money!!!!! Must read now. Must. Read. Now.

No comments:

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker