Thursday, May 31, 2007

What a Week!

Finally, I am staring Friday in the face. It could not have come fast enough. You'd think that with school out, it would be less stressful. But it's like the stress waited until it could just knock me over to come.

Cheeseman is doing better. He is still not eating much, at least not consistently. He'll eat some days really well, like at McD's the other day. Then other times, like tonight at dinner, he'll barely touch his food. And he likes chicken nuggets and macaroni. Those are two of his favorite foods! It doesn't make any sense. I'm keeping an eye on him, just in case.

Bman is doing okay. BabyNet came by today to do a speech eval on him. Mrs. Deborah had called them to take a look at him through the daycare. And some guy came to the house today to do the official look over. Evidently, they think Bman may be speech delayed. I know a lot of people can't understand all of what he says, but I can! Of course, Hubs says that's just because we're used to it. And we understand his special grunts and when he points. And when he screams at stuff that he wants. And when he just gives up because we don't understand. Evidently, that also is a problem. He's supposed to get frustrated that we don't understand. But Bman is just really laid back. He's very self-sufficient. He'll sit and play by himself all the time. So, should I feel guilty for not reading to him enough?

All year, we've been so preoccupied with Cheeseman's medical stuff, in and out of hospitals with doctors and all, we haven't had time to do as much with Bman as we did with the first one. Is he suffering now because I didn't make the time? Well, I guess I wouldn't say he's suffering, exactly. He's still going with the flow. And luckily, BabyNet is free. They will provide whatever speech therapy he needs for FREE until he turns three. (in October) Then they will turn him over to the local school district. Which I happen to work for. Which Aunt Nikki also teaches in, at the elementary school that serves our neighborhood. Where Bman would probably go for speech. Yay! I guess it could be worse.

That's all I'm going to write about today. Another day, probably tomorrow, I will share the story of Hubs. I'm not sure I can write about it yet, because it's still pretty fresh. But I will share. Because when I read about this in a few years, I want to always remember what we went through, and how it made us stronger.

1 comment:

Sayre said...

Hope BMan is okay - my youngest brother was actually DEAF for the first three years of his life due to undetected scarring from repeated ear infections. He was also called "speech delayed". Of course, once they figured out what was really going on, they did intensive therapy and non-surgical intervention and he's just fine now. But you might want to check that out with your physician, just in case...

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker