Friday, July 13, 2007

If At First You Don't...

Can you tell my Hubs is out of town? I haven't posted this much since, well, never. Guess I am trying to make up for lost time. And Gigi telling me that I write well isn't hurting either. If she is reading this to get updates on the kiddies, guess I should oblige and actually write about the little buggers.

Today was like a long comedy of errors. Shannon said last night that they would be done at her mom's house "early." That, to me, meant before the 9:00 hour. I just assume that everyone's kids get up at the butt crack of dawn like mine do. So I got up early-ish (7:00), and did a little TaeBo. I hurted. Cheeseman got up while I was doing that. He wanted to know if it was time to go to Shalee's yet.

It got to be 9:00, and I still hadn't heard from Shannon, so I decided to shower. Yes, I'd been all stinky and sweaty until then. But the kids don't mind, and Hubs isn't here to have an opinion. I showered, got dressed. Still nothing. Finally, 10:20 rolls around and she calls. I head over with the boys, and drop them off. I'm going to get my nails done.

I can't help it. I'm addicted now. I love the way they look. I love the deep pink color of my toes. It's bootiful! So I sit. And sit. And sit. And it's now almost noon! Finally, the guy that does the best foot/leg massages during pedicures is free! He does the pedi, then the mani. I go with some color on the mani this time. Branching out, ya know! I glance at the clock, and it is 1:20. Which would not be a problem, except that the kids are swimming (without their momma!) and Bman has his speech therapy at 1:45. Crap.

I walk out the door of the salon at 1:32. I am at the pool at 1:45. Double crap. Bman does NOT want to get out of the pool. I finally promise him that we'll be back when Miss Jill is done. Then we hurry home. We pull into the driveway at 1:55. She is not there. I rush into the house, leaving Bman in the car (with the windows DOWN!), and call her cell. She agrees to come back for a shortened session.

At 3:00, we are walking back out the door to go back to the pool. We get there, and Bman wants to jump straight in. We get his Spiderman floaties on, and we're ready to rock. Cheeseman is hanging out IN THE BIG POOL! Dog paddling like a maniac! Yaay! About 20 minutes later, his bag has lost all its adhesive powers, and Cheeseman has to get out of the pool lest he contaminate it with his poop. The joys of a colostomy bag. :-( He's okay though. He knows it's nothing personal.

We left around 3:50, right as they were blowing the whistle for adult swim. Do all pools with lifeguards do that? Just curious. My pool experiences are limited recently. We used to go almost every day when I was in junior high. Mom was a student at Ole Miss, so we'd go to the "family pool" on campus all the time. It was AWESOME! I had the hugest crushes on the lifeguards there. They were HOT! I used to have pictures of some of them. Wonder what ever happened to those?

Anyway, I gave the kids a snack when we got home. Cheeseman was all excited because they were having movie night at NEUMC (our old church). He and Bman love movie night. They get to wear their pj's and lay in sleeping bags on the floor of the sanctuary. Alas, 'twas not to be. Cheeseman passed out on the couch. One minute, he was awake. The next, he was sawing logs. I tried to wake him at quarter to six, but he wasn't moving. I did move him into his bed, just in case. Bman and I played and read books for another hour, till it was bath time.

Cheeseman woke up just after 7:00. Bman got out of the tub, Cheeseman got in. I had bought these little soap tablets that turn the water colors. Bman got yellow, cuz he likes to pee in the tub. Cheeseman chose red. Because his favorite Power Ranger is the red ranger. Sigh. Anyway. Cheese was all upset because he missed movie night at church. So we had our own movie night at home. We (well, the boys) watched their new TMNT video for almost an hour. Then I had to call it a night. There were talking samurai rabbits and pandas. It was too much for me. Though I have no problem with talking ninja turtles. A strange fact that Cheese pointed out to me. The wisdom of a 4-year-old.

So now, I'm hanging out. I'm trying to decide whether I want to wake the boys up early tomorrow. I have an all associate meeting at BAM at 7:00 AM. My manager would like me to be there, even said I could bring the boys to enjoy the free donuts. But I don't know how sociable they'll be that early. I'm not usually too sociable that early. And I'd have to wake them up. And they can be cranky. But we're talking about the big Harry Potter shindig. Which I'm not actually working at. Tough decision. I'll make it when the alarm goes off at 6:21.

Gigi, if you're reading this, hope you have enjoyed the week of play-by-play action around our house. It will likely not continue. Hubs comes home next week, and he doesn't like it when I hole myself up in the room and write. Nevermind that it makes me feel better, but whatever. Also, I'll be working at BAM every day except Thursday. So I won't even know what the boys are doing. I know that Monday, Cheese has another booty procedure. Then Bman has speech therapy on Tuesday. Thursday, we're going swimming with Nikki and Madison. But other than that, who knows?

By the way, if you have a chance, check out the devotional for July 12 of Streams in the Desert by Cowman. It is a fabulous message!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

We haven't made any appointment to go swimming. Are you smoking crack?

he he Just kiddin. I know she's family. But I wanted someone to do a double take LOL