Having been sent over by BooMama to A Broad In Athens, I was inspired to make a list of the 20 things I'm most thankful for (in no particular order):
1. I'm thankful for those two sweet little boys who still like to cuddle on the couch with their mom.
2. I'm thankful for my job, even if I don't always like it.
3. I'm thankful for my students, especially when they have an "a-ha" moment.
4. I'm thankful that my car is still running.
5. I'm thankful that the Hubs didn't have a complete breakdown during his last depressed episode.
6. I'm thankful that my mom lives nearby and is willing to watch my kids almost any time I need her.
7. I'm thankful that my sister, her husband, and my niece live close enough that the boys can get to know their cousin.
8. I'm thankful that for the most part, Colby is doing a great job at school and is learning so much!
9. I am thankful that we found such an awesome in-home daycare for Bennett, and that it is right up the street!
10. I am thankful that I get to be surrounded by books at my "other" job in the bookstore. How blessed am I!
11. I am thankful that my dad cares enough about his grandsons that he is willing to drive 6 hours to come visit for a day.
12. I'm thankful that my cousin was admitted to the bar in SC. This may prompt his mom (my fave aunt) to come live here. She is DREAM with the kids!
13. I'm thankful for the new friends I'm making at church.
14. I'm thankful that these new friends have kids almost the exact same ages as Colby and Bennett. Built in play dates!
15. I'm thankful that every Sunday, I get to help lead the congregation in worshipping the Lord. Every Sunday!
16. I am thankful for my wonderful husband who has the courage to follow his call and become a pastor.
17. I am thankful for the Internet, without which I would not have such a great relationship to my extended family. Thanks be to God for myfamily.com!
18. I am thankful that I will be getting my very own classroom again in January! Patience pays off!
19. I'm thankful for my in-laws (there, I said it), who are willing to write a check to their son and daughter-in-law because we are in financial difficulties.
20. I am thankful for my mom's partner who is so generous, that she buys us groceries. She also loves me, and my kids, like we were born of her own flesh. Sometimes, I think she loves us more than my mom does.
So, what are you thankful for?